“KATHINA” signifies the traditional end of the Vassa (Rainy) Season pertaining to the Buddha’s own home ground in Northern India. Kathina is an auspicious event giving devotees the rare opportunity of offering a Kathina Robe to the Sangha who have observed the Rainy Retreat (Vassa) at this Vihara.
If you so wish to make contributions towards the Kathina Ceremony activities, you may do so by donate online.
You can also make an online donation for an Atapirikara or a Cheewara to be offered on the day of the Kathina Ceremony.
- Operating costs: The day-to-day running of the Vihara, providing Monks Accommodation, Building/Contents Insurance, Utilities (Electricity, Gas, Water), Telephone and Internet, Monks’ Travel, Visas and Food.
- Running of Dhamma School and Sil Programmes: Essential consumables related to the running of Dhamma School and Sil Programmes
- Maintenance: Maintenance of buildings & Premises, Sound system and Equipment for recording Dhamma Talks, Stationaries and printing costs.
- Prepare for a new mortgage: Deposit and monthly costs for mortgaging the property.
- Invitations to events and other exciting opportunities to take action
Guaranteed online safely
The payment is encrypted and transmitted securely with an SSL protocol.
These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.